Thursday, October 16, 2008

In the age of jet packs!


So I'm a little late on finally posting this, but I am forced to comment on it even though it's "old" news.

The age of technological wonders is upon us! Ladies and gentleman, we have jet packs. In the end of September a man flew across the English channel on a jet wing, which is basically a jet pack with wings. Finally, the pursuit of the working jet pack is on the downhill slope! Soon everyone will be jet packing off to work, school, and anywhere else they desire. Now that is a product I will gladly stand in line to get. Growing up, I always wanted a jet pack, and most of G.I. Joes experienced the thrill of the jet pack flight. I guess my love comes from jet packs being so futuristic and connected to the world of Star Wars. Come on, the coolest bounty hunter ever, Boba Fett, wore and used a jet pack. If that isn't the height of coolness, I don't know what is. Of course, we are a long way off from Boba Fett, but with this historic flight, I am hopeful that I will jet pack myself across the sky before I die.

Life has been quite busy lately, in a good way, and I'm feeling quite relieved for a little downtime. I had a friend from back East move out here to L.A. this past weekend, and it's stirred things up a bit. While I am glad he's here, and it'll be good for him to be out here, we may need to start looking for a 3 bedroom apartment in the next couple of months. I know for certain that I'm not the easiest person to share a room with, and I don't want to put any strain on our friendship.

No comments: