Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Playing Ball

There is something about coming back from a game of basketball that is hard to eclipse by anything else. I, not being the most athletically gifted, still enjoy a good game of pickup. Tonight, the guys and I went to the equestrian district and got into a 5 on 5 full court game, and it was glorious. I haven't run like that in at least a year, and besides once or twice in Virginia Beach haven't played ball since high school. I don't understand what it is, but it is the camaraderie that you get on the court that I feel connected with other human beings that is on a subconscious level. Your mind is going through all the plays, motions, and decisions on what you should be doing that it can't focus on relating to the other people around you. Yet, no matter what, even if it is a group of strangers, there is a common bond that brings them together and connects them.

Maybe I am just crazy, and need to drink some more water, but I can't wait to play ball again next week.

No comments: