Monday, April 14, 2008

Acting and Alcohol

Well, this weekend was a blast. My roommate's dad came into town to drive my roommate's old car back to Kansas. Luckily, he was able to stay and hang for a couple of days which was quite enjoyable. He fit in well with Ben and I, and we had a mini-celebration. There was lots of good food and alcohol for three days straight. On Friday night, I came home to find that Ben's dad had went grocery shopping for us and we had become stuffed to the gills with food and alcohol in our kitchen. It was a glorious night. There are just some parents who I feel can transition well when their kids become adults and then others who can't. Mr. Starkey is definitely in the former of those two options. We tried this Brazilian steakhouse and I must say it has become one of my favorite restaurants. If you like meat of any kind, then this is definitely a go to place. They cook everything from steak to lamb (and everything in between) right on spits and once the meat is done they take them off the grill and bring them around to all the different tables. There is so much to choose from and there wasn't a single piece I didn't enjoy, and it is all you can eat too. It is definitely a place I will frequent if I can.

This week I start my voiceover class and I couldn't be more excited. While I have had some success in that area, I know I have a lot improve upon and also this gives me a chance to meet some more people in the industry. My biggest issue is that I am in my head too much when I do voiceovers. This isn't stage, and it needs a much more natural feel then any stage play and while I have been able to perform, I know I can be even better. I have a couple of other options that may have me actually filming in other parts of the country over the summer which would be awesome. Nothing is definite yet, but I have gotten past the first hurdle in a couple of them.

My uncle is in town and he has the day off today, so it's time to play tour guide again. However, I don't mind at all.

No comments: