Friday, April 4, 2008

Crazy Times

Well, this past week has been a blur. Auditions galore along with a couple of jobs too. Snagged a role in a small horror flick (a paying gig of course), and am currently emailing a studio in Alaska about doing their small film that shoots in Alaska this summer. Had several more voiceover auditions, and with each one I am getting closer to feeling completely at ease in the sound booth. Also, I have started work on my reel which is good, so hopefully I can get an agent who will help the procedure.

I also started taking an improv class recently. This class will definitely help stretch and grow my acting muscles. The teacher is phenomenal and the people in the class are all working actors, so I am able to make some connections as well. Improv is such a primal and basic form of acting, yet it is so difficult that you really have to work to get good. While standard training is fine, improv will help work my brain to make connections and choices faster and better. While I will still sit down and analyze the roles I get, I know that my brain will be sharpened by this class. Also, improv does wonders for both auditioning and voiceover work (well, non-union anyways), so I have that going for me which is nice.

I got to explore Santa Clarita yesterday which was fun. Several friends and I went out to the "High Desert" and hiked a bit. Then we met up with some more people for dinner at Rattlers (which has the best Tri-tip ever). Being the social nerd that I am, I stayed out way too late even though I was opening this morning. 4am comes around so fast!

Overall I feel blessed and happy. Still many things going through my mind and the future is still open, but as I continue to get deeper into the acting world my desire grows and I know that this is where I should be.

I'd go through my thoughts about current events and politics, but I am out. It's beach time!

No comments: