Saturday, February 23, 2008

Vampire Weekend!


Well, I have to come back to this cd. While I definitely enjoyed it my first couple of listens, I must say the more I listen to it the more I love it. This album will definitely not change the world, but I continually find myself humming the tunes on this album. The songs are fun, upbeat, and just plain catchy. You can tell that Vampire Weekend enjoyed their studio time because it shows in the songs.

I was able to turn this album on when I had a group of people over last night. We were just hanging out eating Bison burgers and drinking wine (2005 Columbia Crest cabernet sauvignon to be exact, and it drank great!), and as the music began to play I had several people ask me who this was. Everyone was digging the music and just made the night that much more enjoyable. I definitely have to thank Vampire Weekend for adding to the party. This is definitely something you can just let play through and even put it on repeat.

My favorites are Oxford Comma, M79 and Bryn, though I could name probably most of the others as favorites too. I would definitely suggest at least finding someone who has this album and giving it a good listen if not just straight up buying it!

No comments: