Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Whirlwind of thoughts, emotions, and actions


So finally the WGA strike is over. Today, the writers went back to work and hopefully the town can begin to function again as usual. Unfortunately, I still don't know what that is, since by the time I got settled and started my search, the writers decided to go on strike. Well, at least now there should be more jobs about that I will be able to get my hands on. It still is a hard road ahead, I have no delusions of grandeur, but at least now there isn't something larger than myself keeping me from working.
On the home front, Ben and I are back to looking for new places to live and getting out of this rat-infested apartment that we live in at the moment. Everything is still a little up in the air, since we don't exactly how many roommates we will have. There is potentially two other guys we may be living with, which may be good to help split the rent, but it's not definite yet. Back to the holding pattern we go.
Still trying to keep myself busy, and today it mostly worked, however when you start at 4:15 am eight hours comes pretty fast at 2 pm. Of course, that is when your mind wanders, and everything comes crashing down again. Luckily, I have a great set of family and friends that can get me out of these situations.
It was nice to out and about these past couple of days. Santa Monica was, as always, beautiful, Leno was a blast to see again, and the Warner Bros. studio tour was a lot of fun. I am glad that I am finding places to bring people when they are out visiting. LA is huge and there is so much to do, but you definitely have to know how to find it, or at least the inexpensive ones.

And with that I will leave you with a picture from the studio tour in which I am outside the front door of Chicago's favorite emergency room door.

No comments: